When you see the Heart-Check Certification mark on Sara Lee® deli packaging, you’ll instantly know the item has been certified to meet the American Heart Association’s guidelines for heart-healthy food as part of an overall sensible eating pattern. Currently, Sara Lee® offers 45 AHA-certified deli items.
- To be certified by the American Heart Association, Sara Lee® items meet the following specific nutritional levels:
- 480mg or less of sodium per RACC* and 100g
- Less than 2g saturated fat per RACC* and 100g
- Less than 5g fat per RACC* and 100 g
- Less than 0.5mg trans fat per RACC* and label serving
- Less than 95mg cholesterol per RACC* and 100g
- 10% or more of DV of one of six nutrients per RACC* (protein, dietary fiber, iron, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C)
*Reference Amount Customarily Consumed (RACC), which is a single serving as specified by the FDA for an individual food.
Please note that the Heart-Check Food Certification does not apply to recipes and/or information reached through links unless expressly stated. For more information, see the AHA nutrition guidelines.
Interested in the terminology we use?
Take a look at our Full Glossary of Terms